So what exactly is a WebSite Audit?
Basically, it’s a professional review of how the content on your website performs across all of its pages to:
- drive traffic to the site, and
- drive sales activities or help the client achieve his or her marketing goals.
This can be more clearly explained by defining 3 core elements of good website content:
- Clear, convincing, conversational and persuasive sales copywriting written based on proven direct-response principles.
- Deep and thorough keyword research and the strategic placement of those keywords and keyphrases, woven smoothly and ethically into customer-focused messages and the web page backend code ultimately resulting in SEO optimized web pages and content that drives traffic to your site.
- An implementation of web best practices of aesthetics, usability and other technical aspects that when combined provide the user with a pleasant viewing experience as well as simple easy navigation and ease of use.
So why should I do a Web Site Audit?
(The Easy Answer? You are probably leaving money on the table.)
Quite frankly, most companies fall short in the area of having good, clear, focused seo web content that works. It might look pretty, but nowadays you can’t afford for it to be just pretty, your website needs to work for you. And since you’ve gone through all of the effort to get your website and all of your pages out there, take that one extra step and make sure those web pages will also:
- Drive targeted, free traffic to your website from the search engines instead of those potential customers going to your competition’s websites just because you don’t rank high enough in the search results;
- Convert those window shoppers into customers or leads with compelling, well written direct response copy;
- Be easy for your potential customers to use and navigate so they will not get frustrated and go somewhere else but will stay on your website;
- Take advantage of keywords and keyphrases identified that are part of the customers “awareness” or “research” phase of the shopping cycle (that you may not currently have web pages for) not just the buying/purchasing phase and build out content for them. This is the “grooming” of a prospect by giving them something without expecting anything in return to build friendship and trust so that when they are ready to buy, you will be the first to come to mind and will be the only real logical choice.
A good Website Audit will identify where you need improvement in all of the above areas and if suggestions are implemented, should help you get traffic that you may not be getting now and will also help convince your potential customers to take the desired action that they also may not be taking now.
Or feel free to give me a call at 615-300-6638 or send me an email at email@example.com.